18.4.11

I went netless

So, we did a week of tasks. Mine was to be without my beloved computer. It was hard but the experience was defiantly enriching in many ways.

I spoke more, I drew more, I played guitar more, I watched more, I listened more, I had more time to think. At the time it felt like an awful travesty, almost like a punishment, and I did actually have with drawl symptoms. I shouted more, I stormed off more, I frowned more, I snapped more and I cried myself to sleep.

As a video editor I'm used to spending whole days on computers, and there have been instances in my day to day life when the definitions between computer and the literal have become blurred. I have for split seconds of time actually believed I can ctrl z mistakes I make in the real world... Dropping boxes of cereal in super markets for example. It's awful. Cold turkey was the only way to go.

It was only a week, and it sounds so petty to talk about one tiny week with no internet, as if it's a life line, but I do value the usefulness of the internet a lot more now, but most importantly I value time away from my computer more... One week has had a great effect on my perspective.

Anyway!

This is my week in pictures... Enjoy...









Unfortunatly Mrs McGrew is missing!

No comments:

Post a Comment