4.3.11

Costume Director or charity shop city wanderer?

I'm probably the most recognised face in Newport at the moment as over the last three days i've spent hours upon end walking back and forth from one end of town to the other in search of the right costumes and props needed for our schools tour. I have been seen swetting walking up hills with a full back pack on my shoulders and hands full of carrier bags. I've probably been spotted by the same accident insurance sales person on three seperate occasions, once munching away on a gregs cheese and onion pasty, another while i was necking a strawberry milkshake and again whilst stuffing my face with a kinder bueno. I had to tell the same charity worker three times that i was really busy and then the fourth time that i was having a chaotic day as she asked me why i was walking about all day. I've made friends with all the old biddies working in the charity shops and they all promised me a discount if i go in for costumes again. ;) success. I do need to get a new back pack though as i've pushed it over its average weight limit so much, that it has caused alot of strain on the zip which has now finally broke. On a positive note though the venture has made me wiser to charity shops. for example If i walked into st annes hospice blindfolded i would be able to tell that it was st annes and not oxfam based on the smell. I think i'd also be able to tell if i was stood closer to the mens jumper rack than the womens jeans. see you learn something new every day! i got some pretty good costumes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment